CLICK HERE for complete race results from Taming of the Slough 2013. Thanks to all who participated and everyone who volunteered to make Taming a success Saturday.
Stayed tuned for photos recapping the event in the days ahead.
Click on image to view larger map
CLICK HERE to download the 2013 Taming of the Slough – Campbell's Island Slough Edition brochure and registration form.
CLICK HERE to register online.
Click on the image below to download a larger map (PDF) with the race course details.
- All Transitions take place at Empire Park in East Moline.
- The Boat (Kayak or Canoe) is a 3.8-mile paddle around Campbell's Island.
- The Bike is a short ride to Illiniwek Forest Preserve for a challenging mountain bike course returning to Empire Park (3.8 miles paved, 4.5 miles off-road, 400 ft. of elevation changes).
- The Run is a 2-mile paved and off-road run finishing at Empire Park.
- Compete individually or as a team
- 2-PERSON TEAM: Consists of 2 members who complete all legs of race - Finish time is the average of both times
- 3-PERSON TEAM [Relay]: Kayak-Bike-Run
- Corporate Adventure Challenge: 3-person teams compete to be the best corporate team in the QC's
- Race Start - Saturday September 14, 2013 at 8 a.m. - Empire Park, East Moline, IL
- There are a limited number of boats available for rent; Call Princeton Outdoor Adventures at 563-289-5445
Click here to register.
TUNE UP FOR TAMING
Get prepared for this year's race with Tune Up for Taming sessions at Empire Park: August 22 & 29 and September 5 from 5:30-7 p.m.
- Open to racers and the general public
- Registered racers can reserve a free boat ahead of time [563-322-2969] - otherwise it's first-come-first-served
- Find out more
Thanks to our sponsors