When did Davenport's Figge Art Museum open?

When did Davenport's Figge Art Museum open?


The Figge Art Museum opened at its new home on the banks of the Mississippi River in August 2005. The 114,000-square-foot facility was designed by British architect David Chipperfield.

What’s the oldest residence in the Quad Cities?

What’s the oldest residence in the Quad Cities?

CLICK HERE to find out the oldest residence in the Quad Cities.

When the 8th U.S. Infantry built Fort Armstrong in 1816, its mission was to establish the presence of the federal government in the region and provide protection for settlers attracted to the wild, rich land.

How did Stubbs Eddy get his name?

How did Stubbs Eddy get his name?

CLICK HERE to find out how Stubbs Eddy got his name?

Captain James R. Stubbs was one of Davenport’s early eccentrics. He lived in a cave close to an eddy in the river near the Lindsay Park Yacht Club. His peculiarities grew in notoriety until his cave home came to be called Stubbs Eddy.

Contact Us

River Action, Inc.
822 E. River Drive
Davenport, Iowa 52803
Phone: (563) 322-2969
Email: riveraction@riveraction.org

Contact Us

Go to top